I have been thinking quite a bit about friends lately. I have some really great friends! Being profoundly deaf has made it a little harder to listen in on conversations and to contribute to them as well. I often find myself just listening instead of jumping in. Anyone out there who thinks otherwise...let me know!!
Back to friends... I have a friend, Carrie, who is awesome! When we were in 7th and 8th grade I was into music, like most young kids are.... I can hear the sounds of the beats and the person singing... if I'm lucky, but I cannot understand what the lyrics are. So, back before lyrics were printed and before the internet... Carrie would write down the lyrics of certain songs that I liked. I helped however I could by stopping and starting and rewinding and playing back the song until she was sure that she got the word right. Over time, I had compiled a big binder full of lyrics. Many more friends helped me out and contributed their efforts. The one friend who comes to mind is Carrie!
So, thank you... Carrie... for being a great friend and writing down all those lyrics for me. Remember ??? Pour some sugar on me... oh, yeah... from my head to my feet....
Some things stick in your mind forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment